While technical and functional skill is at the core of all client relationships, our desire and ability to service clients is truly unique. We develop solutions based on a greater understanding of our clients’ business goals. More than lawyers, we are strategic partners, providing GREATER ATTENTION AND BETTER RESULTS through our ENHANCED DELIVERY OF SERVICE.
From registration to enforcement, our Intellectual Property Group assists companies in obtaining, managing and protecting their intellectual property in the U.S. and abroad. We assist multinational corporations and start-ups in industries including luxury goods, fashion and apparel, consumer goods, sports, entertainment and technology.
While others may view intellectual property as a commoditized practice, we focus on developing tailored and comprehensive brand enforcement strategies. We offer each client objective, practical and thorough advice, always taking into consideration their business goals and budget.
With decades of experience, our attorneys remain at the forefront of industry trends. Our Intellectual Property Group was ahead of the curve in developing an online protection group dedicated to policing social media, auction sites and independent websites for infringing content. Gibney is well-known for handling anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy matters including infringement litigation and state and federal criminal action support. As industry leaders, law enforcement professionals frequently turn to our attorneys for training on counterfeit detection and current legal updates.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Trademark and copyright registration and licensing
- Nationwide enforcement programs for large trademark and copyright portfolios
- Litigation including federal and state claims for infringement, counterfeiting, licensing, trade dress, unfair competition, false advertising and rights of publicity
- Civil seizures of counterfeit merchandise, temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions
- Advise global design, marketing and distribution companies in ongoing trademark and patent infringement, unfair competition claims and trade dress infringement lawsuits
- Intellectual property counsel for luxury goods manufacturer, assisting with ongoing domain name monitoring and protection strategies
- Assist brands in ongoing internet and social media enforcement to protect against trademark and copyright infringement and counterfeiting including policing social media, auction sites and independent websites
- Represent one of the world’s leading cosmetic manufacturers in the ongoing negotiation of its U.S. and international trademark licenses for designer fragrances
- Managing the registrations and portfolio for one of the most famous trademarks in the world