Gibney prides itself on delivering clients the best possible service. Working for buyers and sellers, developers and investors, landlords and tenants – we UNDERSTAND BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE and DEVELOP INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS THAT ACHIEVE RESULTS.
Gibney’s Real Estate Group represents private and institutional owners, developers, tenants and investors in acquisitions, investments, sales, leasing and mortgage loan transactions. Our attorneys bring hands-on experience in the real estate market, including the management of commercial properties and investments.
For domestic and offshore investors, we provide comprehensive legal and supervisory services for real estate across the U.S. We understand the unique needs and concerns of offshore clients who may not be familiar with all aspects of investing in the U.S. Taking a practical approach, we guide them through the initial investment process and provide continued supervision.
From emerging business acquisitions to multi-office leases for national companies, our firm’s size allows us to scale up or down, based on our clients’ needs. With an understanding of their business strategy, we partner with clients to deliver an enhanced level of service.
We are experienced in the organization of limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations and other vehicles used in commercial real estate ventures. We often engage in the dispute resolution, reorganization and reformation of these entities when differences arise among principals.
Areas of focus include:
- Real estate acquisitions, development and operations
- Sale of real property and interests in real estate entities
- Negotiation, drafting and supervision of office and store leases
- Ground and net leases
- Organization and reformation of real estate investment entities, including limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and corporations
- Investment supervision and oversight
- Dispute resolution
- Assertion of investors’ rights
- Represented both landlords and tenants in the leasing of retail boutiques in some of the most prestigious locations in the U.S. including Fifth Avenue, Madison Avenue, Rodeo Drive and Bal Harbour
- Assisted off-shore real estate investors with the proposed acquisition and financing of a New York City hotel, commercial mixed-use properties in California and Stamford and a residential apartment complex in Denver
- Assisted commercial property owners in reorganizing their relationship and changing their method of ownership
- Represented an investor in a mixed use commercial property in the buy-out of a partner/developer’s interest and sale to a third-party