Beyond the Lawyer Relationship
With an understanding of our clients’ long-term goals, we develop FORWARD-THINKING SOLUTIONS TO PROTECT ASSETS OVER GENERATIONS. Tailored in our approach, we take your interests, your business and our relationships personally. NOT ONLY ARE WE LAWYERS DRIVING SOLUTIONS, WE ARE CONSULTANTS BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP.
Our Private Client Group provides tax and estate planning for individuals, families and their closely held businesses. We advise on estates, trusts, fiduciary selection, retirement planning and income tax. We approach each matter as an opportunity to build long-term relationships and have served as trusted advisors to our private clients for many generations.
As educators, we distill complex topics to the key essentials. We help clients understand the advantages of proactive estate planning and demystify the process of transferring wealth.
We take a comprehensive approach to estate planning to ensure lasting results. We review each client’s entire financial situation, draft wills and trusts, implement estate plans and provide strategic tax and legal advice on their financial and family affairs.
Our services include:
- Lifetime, gift and income tax planning
- Planning for the succession of wealth for multiple generations
- Probate and administration of estates, and trust administration
- Helping surviving spouses rearrange the estate
- Special considerations including supplemental needs trusts for beneficiaries including government entitlements
- Helping families with difficult relationships formulate appropriate estate plans
- Assisting business owners with family dynamics, succession planning, asset protection and tax considerations
- Guidance on avoiding the probate process through revocable trusts
- Litigation including contested probate, fiduciary accounting and tax court proceedings
- Representing executors and trustees in preparing and settling accountings
- Tax planning for U.S. clients with foreign assets
- Estate planning for clients with property in multiple jurisdictions
- Helping non-U.S. residents navigate U.S. tax rules and treaties
- Creation and administration of private foundations and public charities
- Restructured non-resident multi-million dollar U.S. holdings to avoid millions in potential U.S. estate taxes
- Implemented various estate planning techniques, including utilizing valuations discounts and dynasty trusts, to transfer privately held business to next generation in the most tax-efficient manner
- Numerous appearances in Surrogate Courts to protect clients’ interests
- Structured sales of privately held companies to maximize income and estate tax savings
- Formed and administered private foundations for high net worth individuals
- Structured and administered Charitable Remainder Trusts