Ahead of the curve, STRATEGIC AND INNOVATIVE in designing solutions and programs for our clients, Gibney takes YOUR INTERESTS, YOUR BUSINESS AND OUR RELATIONSHIP PERSONALLY.
Having represented entrepreneurs and start-up businesses for decades, Gibney’s Emerging Business Group guides entrepreneurs though all stages of the start-up and business lifecycle. Uniquely structured to serve the full spectrum of our clients’ needs efficiently under one roof, we represent clients in the following areas:
- Selection of business entity
- Business formation and qualification
- Selection, registration and protection of intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights
- Employment matters, including employment contracts and incentive compensation arrangements
- Preparation and review of leases, contracts, licenses and agreements
- Personal and company tax planning
- U.S. immigration and global mobility services
- Referrals to other professionals, including accountants, real estate brokers and insurance agents
Sharing in their entrepreneurial spirit, and with a goal to build authentic, personal relationships with our clients, we pair each emerging business with a senior attorney who takes full responsibility for supervising all aspects of their formation and growth. This allows our attorneys to become intimately familiar with the specific needs of each client, and allows our clients to experience a genuine partnership and investment in their business—a win for all. Not only are we lawyers driving solutions, we are consultants creating higher levels of value and meaningful client relationships.
- Assisted a European clothing company in setting up its U.S. subsidiary including: forming the U.S. corporation in Delaware; obtaining the federal tax ID number and state sales tax exemption number; preparing a Stockholders Agreement; trademark clearance and federal trademark registration; negotiating the lease for office and warehouse space; preparing agreements with customers and distributors to conform to the U.S. market; advising on U.S. employment law and practices; drafting employment agreements with key executives; and filing visa applications