Gibney’s WELLNESS INITIATIVE focuses on our employees’ mental, physical, emotional and financial health with key programming throughout the year. With a CORE FOCUS ON COMMUNITY, we continuously explore new ways to keep our attorneys and staff ENGAGED AND INSPIRED.
Gibney’s Wellness Initiative focuses on our employees’ mental, physical, emotional and financial health with key programming throughout the year. With a core focus on community, we continuously explore new ways to keep our attorneys and staff engaged and inspired.
On our intranet, we have a dedicated section on wellness. We educate employees on all resources available such as mental health counseling, health tips and resources and health advocacy tools.
We share a weekly mindfulness minute designed to encourage mental health in the workplace and at home.
Well-Being in the Legal Profession
Gibney has signed on to the American Bar Association’s Well-Being Pledge and Campaign. The Campaign was launched to improve the substance use and mental health landscape of the legal profession, with an emphasis on helping legal employers support healthy work environment. The primary vehicle for the Campaign is a Pledge calling upon legal employers (including law firms, corporate entities, government agencies and legal aid organizations) to first: (a) recognize that substance use and mental health problems represent a significant challenge for the legal profession and acknowledge that more can and should be done to improve the health and well-being of lawyers; and, (b) pledge to support the Campaign and work to adopt and prioritize its seven-point framework for building a better future.
Learn more about the Campaign and Pledge here.
Some of our programs and activities include:
- Winter Wellness Series: Gibney’s Winter Wellness initiative is one of our signature programs. Over the course of two months, we offer employees’ workshops such as healthy eating, financial planning, yoga and mindfulness, as well as on-site visits such as smoothie bars and chair massages.
- Summer Cigna Fitness Challenge: During the summer months, we participate in an annual fitness challenge with our health insurance provider Cigna.
- Well-Being in Law: Gibney participates in the Institute for Well-Being in Law’s “Well-Being Week in Law” to raise awareness about mental health, encourage innovation, and improve well-being for lawyers, legal administrative professionals, and others involved in the legal industry.
- JP Morgan Challenge: As a team-building event, we participate in this annual corporate run.
- Wellness CLE Programs: Through our CLE-provider partnership, we make CLE programs for attorneys focused on wellness, stress management and time-management.
- Flu Shot Program: We offer an annual flu shot program.