AS EDUCATORS FOR OUR CLIENTS, GIBNEY MAKES THE COMPLEX SIMPLE. Our willingness to learn our clients’ business imperatives— their pain points, risk factors and expectations—enables us to HELP THEM MAKE SOUND, INFORMED AND PRACTICAL BUSINESS DECISIONS.
In a rapidly evolving landscape, Gibney’s Tax Group offer solutions designed to withstand regulatory change. We represent individuals, corporations, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, trusts, estates and not-for-profit organizations, from start-ups to multinational businesses.
Our services include:
- Advising on U.S. federal, state and local taxes
- Counseling clients with international operations on the impact of doing business in the U.S., including the effects of tax treaties
- Ensuring compliance with transfer pricing regulations
- Structuring tax-efficient acquisitions and sales of companies to maximize owner’s return on investment
- Representing clients before federal, state and local tax agencies and courts
- Primary tax counsel for an emerging Swiss tech company in structuring the acquisition of a $40 million dollar U.S. tech company
- Primary tax counsel for numerous multinational companies and their shareholders in structuring tax efficient U.S. operations
- Settled a Tax Court case involving estate tax valuations issues
- Represented many clients in offshore voluntary disclosure programs and procedures with the Internal Revenue Service