Brian Brokate to Speak on Digital Fashion and Brand Protection
Leveraging Copyright, Trademark, and Trade Dress; NFTs; Ownership Challenges
Brian Brokate, Chair of Gibney’s Intellectual Property Group, will be a panelist at the Strafford webinar “Digital Fashion and Brand Protection: Leveraging Copyright, Trademark, and Trade Dress; NFTs; Ownership Challenges” on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 from 1:30 – 2:30 pm EDT.
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel on protecting fashion intellectual property in the metaverse. The panel will discuss the various forms of IP that can protect fashion in the digital world of virtual reality and gaming and with respect to non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and the challenges of enforcement. They will review past case law decisions and pending cases and developments which will establish new precedent for future protection and enforcement of fashion intellectual property in the metaverse. The panel will also discuss the risks of failing to protect the brands and offer best practices for protecting brands in digital fashion.
- Protecting digital fashion with IP laws
- Copyright: What can you protect?
- Trademark and trade dress in the metaverse
- Domain names in the metaverse
- Design patents
- Best practices to enforce IP rights in the metaverse
- Hurdles to protecting brands in the digital world and what strategies can be employed to enhance protection
For more information, visit the event page.