Brian Brokate and Angelo Mazza to Speak at Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement 2021 NY
IP Partners Brian W. Brokate and Angelo E.P. Mazza will speak at the Practising Law Institute’s Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement 2021 NY event on January 7, 2021. Brian Brokate is also co-chair of the event. This will be the tenth year that Brian and Angelo have participated in this program.
Angelo will lead the first panel “Current Government IP Enforcement Programs.” Topics include:
- HSI’s Covid-19 investigations
- Operation Stolen Promise
- Developing agency-wide strategies
- Hurdles and successes of multi-agency teams
- Ongoing efforts to curb imports and sales
- Taking on charlatans and unproven cures
- Made in the USA claims for Covid-19 related products
- Covid scams facing consumers and businesses
Brian Brokate will speak alongside Cheryl Wang of David Yurman on the “Anticounterfeiting Update” panel. Topics include:
- Direct liability: An overview of the groundbreaking decisions from the past year and practical guidance on how to build a strong case for statutory damages
- Getting it right. Seizures and ex parte remedies: Recent trends and the checklist that should be followed when applying for a seizure order
- Contributory liability and the ongoing battle against online printers: A discussion about the recent decision in Y.Y.G.M. SA v. Redbubble, Inc.
- Recent legislation: What you need to know about the SHOP SAFE Act and other pending legislation
- How enforcement has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic and the cost-effective strategies used by brands during these unprecedented times
- Brian W. Brokate, Cheryl Wang
For more information on the program, visit the PLI website.