FY 2024 H-1B Cap Registration Dates Announced
USCIS announced that the initial electronic registration period for the fiscal year (FY) 2024 H-1B cap season will run from noon Eastern on March 1 through noon Eastern on March 17, 2023.
H-1B CAP FY ‘24 REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Cap-subject H-1B employers intending to sponsor H-1B workers must first register each intended beneficiary electronically with USCIS during the designated registration period (March 1 through March 17).
- There is a $10 fee for each registration.
- If the number of registrations received by March 17 exceeds the number of H-1B visas available under the annual quota as expected, USCIS will randomly select a sufficient number of registrations projected to reach the FY 2024 H-1B cap.
- USCIS expects to conduct the random selection and notify employers of selected registrations by March 31, 2023.
- After the first round of selection, employers will have a 90-day window during which to file H-1B cap petitions for the beneficiary named in the selected registration. The petition filing period is expected to start no later than Monday, April 3, 2023.
- Employers may file an H-1B cap petition only for the beneficiary named in the selected registration; no substitutions are permitted.
- If by the end of the first 90-day filing window USCIS has not received enough petitions to reach the annual quota/H-1B cap, USCIS may designate subsequent filing windows until the H-1B statutory quota is reached.
More information about H-1B cap and the electronic registration process is available at Gibney’s Alert – Plan Now For H-1B Cap Season.
For additional information, please contact your designated Gibney representative or email email@example.com.