Brian Brokate to Speak at PLI on Trademark Developments in Anticounterfeiting
Brian W. Brokate will speak at the Practising Law Institute’s Intellectual Property Law Institute 2021 event on September 28, 2021 on the “Trademark” panel.
He will focus on developments in anti-counterfeiting and combatting counterfeiters during an unprecedented era. Other topics will include:
- Direct liability: An overview of the groundbreaking decisions from the past year including the recent trial court decision in Romag Fasteners, Inc. v Fossil, Inc.
- Seizures and ex parte remedies: Recent trends and the checklist that should be followed when applying for a seizure order
- Contributory liability
- An update on the Ongoing Battle Against Online Printers: A discussion about the recent decisions in Atari Interactive, Inc. v Redbubble, Inc., LTTB LLC v. Redbubble, Inc. and Ohio State University v. Redbubble, Inc.
- Landlord liability: A Review of the Second Circuit’s decision in Omega SA v. 375 Canal, LLC
- Hot trends: A Look at Cases Brought by Online Marketplaces and Social Media Platforms against Counterfeiters
- The rise of counterfeiting during the COVID-19 pandemic: What you need to know to protect your brand
For more information and to register visit the PLI website.