USCIS Announces E-Verify Unavailable March 23 – 26, 2018
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that E-Verify will be unavailable from Friday, March 23 at 12:00 A.M. to Monday, March 26 at 8:00 A.M. EDT due to a system update.
USCIS has released a fact sheet containing the following guidance:
- The following services will be unavailable during the update:
- Enrolling in E-Verify
- Creating new cases
- Viewing or updating any existing cases
- Creating, updating, or deleting user accounts
- Resetting passwords
- Editing company information
- Running reports
- Terminating enrollment
While E-Verify is unavailable:
- The three day rule for creating E-Verify cases will be suspended. Employers will have until March 29 to submit E-Verify queries for all employees hired or rehired between March 20 and March 26.
- The time period during which employees may resolve TNCs will be extended by two federal working days.
If you have any questions about this alert, please contact your Gibney representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.